Thursday, March 30, 2006

My Poetry #1 - In My Eyes Forever

I decided to go through some boxes at home & pull out some of the poetry I wrote while I was in high school in the early 90's. Hehe, you can tell I was a totally hopeless romantic. I stole the last two lines in the fourth quatrain from a Bob Dylan song (Ramona) and modified them a bit. Thanks Bob!

I can't really remember, but I think the last line in the first quatrain was plagiarised from somewhere, it just sounds so clichéd. Anyway, here is the first one I'm putting up. I had just had a fallout/breakup with a girlfriend and was feeling sorry for myself.

Please excuse the cheesiness, I was only in Standard 6 or 7 at the time.

IN MY EYES FOREVER - Patrick Homan

It feels as though my heart is dead
After hearing those painful words you said.
The hour is late, my mind's made up
We have taken a sip from a broken cup.

You say your love for me was blind
And that I was never even on your mind.
Is it such an impossible task?
Open your eyes or remove your mask.

Will we rejoin? Only time can tell
'Til then I live in misery and hell.
The life I lead, it is no scam
Can't you accept me for who I am?

I want to be your every breath
Rather than die a heartbroken death.
I cannot believe the strength of your skin
Your magnetic movements capture the minutes I'm in.

Your mesmerising eyes and fantastic smile
For that I'd go the extra mile.
Deep in my soul I feel your heart beat
My love for you no-one can defeat.

My thoughts of you are still fresh in my mind
If we try again then together we'll bind.
I want for both of our bodies to meet
But here I sit, alone in my seat.

Your name is all that rolls from my tongue
I we could embrace, our tune will be sung.
Regaining your love would be a victory for me
For in my eyes forever, you will be.
===================================

more to come...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://faoduxye.com/dqxn/smbq.html | http://pshzaumu.com/eqwq/kkmy.html

12:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home